Tuesday 30 June 2009

My strength building workouts (for now!)

Right, now that I am recovered more or less 100% from my horrid flu and having realised that I don't have a chance in hell of winning the Maximuscle Body of 2009 unless I start taking my training much more seriously, I've finally put together 4 strength-training workouts based on the exercises I currently do.

There are two upper routines and two lower. The No. 1s can only be done at my local gym as they're machine based and my work gym is a bit pants!

I haven't yet decided yet how often I'll do them, I think one of each a week, intersperced with cardio (walking, running, biking and rowing) will do for now as I'm going to be super busy between now and August! This week and next ridiculously so as I've got rehearsals tonight, a British Military Fitness class tomorrow (woo hoo!), venue reccee with a friend on friday (I'm helping out with a new themed club night in London coming in August, it's going to be awesome!), BBQ/picnic saturday, dress rehearsals sunday... and then all of next week is basically rehearsals then performances from thursday to sunday... scary!

anyway, enough blabbering, here are my routines:

UPPER BODY WORKOUT NO. 1
(Machine and Stability Ball)


* Chest Press
* Lat Pulldown
* Triceps Pressdown
* Pec Deck fly
* Low Row
* Shoulder External Rotation
* Shoulder Internal Rotation
* Back Extension - Arms Folded
* Back Extension - Arms Out


UPPER BODY WORKOUT NO. 2
(Dumbbells)


* Shoulder Press
* Biceps Curl
* Upright Row
* Triceps Kickback
* Lateral Shoulder Raises
* Side Row


LOWER BODY WORKOUT NO. 1
(Machine and Stability Ball)


* Double Leg Press
* Single Leg Press
* Leg Curl
* Leg Extension
* Hip Adductor
* Hip Abductor


LOWER BODY WORKOUT NO. 2
(Dumbbells)


* Step-up
* Forward Lunge
* Squat
* Stiff Leg Dead Lift
* Single Leg Split Squat
* Single Leg Calf Raise
* Reverse Lunge

I'm also doing some various abdominal exercises but haven't decided which one I like enough to do regularly... none of them make me hurt enough the next day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment